Atlanta Clogged Toilet Repair Services
Did your toddler just try to flush another superhero toy down the toilet? We can help! Call 404-524-1825 for expert Atlanta, GA clogged toilet repair services. Check out the latest and greatest coupons and exclusive online offers from Plumb Works Inc here.
The average toilet takes a lot of abuse (especially if you have young children that treat it like their personal sandpit). With over 30 years in the industry, we’ve seen more clogged toilets than we care to remember and all sorts of objects clogging them. Luckily, we’ve learned a thing or two along the way and can confidently unblock your toilet quickly. Click here to visit our reviews page and see what our Atlanta, GA customers think about us.
Tips for Unclogging Your Toilet
The majority of toilet clogs occur in the up-curving trap of the toilet fixture. For minor clogs, a plunger should do the trick. A flange plunger is ideally suited for removing debris from toilets with its extended lip that adequately seals the toilet cavity.
- Add a few cups of hot water and dishwasher detergent to your toilet. This helps to break up and loosen debris.
- Ensure the plunger is covered at least halfway with water for best results.
- Place the plunger straight up so it’s perpendicular to the toilet cavity.
- Press down firmly to get a good seal.
- Press down gently once more to remove excess air.
- Pump the plunger up and down, alternating between gentle pushes and then stronger heaves.
Remove the plunger after a few minutes to check for any removed debris. If a plunger is unsuccessful, call a plumber. Be wary of using an auger as it can easily damage the inside of pipes and fixtures with inexperienced hands.
Call a Plumber if This Happens
There are times when a plunger just doesn’t do the trick. If you’ve noticed water backing up in other fixtures such as sinks or tubs after you’ve flushed, this is an indication of more serious plumbing issues. You may have a severe clog in the main line that requires professional help.
Plumb Works Inc has access to the latest technologies and tools to help you get your plumbing and toilet working properly in no time.
How to Keep Your Toilets Unclogged
The best way to keep your toilets clean and clear is to be mindful of what’s being flushed.
- Educate young children about what’s appropriate to flush. There are toilet lid locks available as an extra safety measure.
- Regularly clean toilets at least once a week. This helps to keep the jets around the rim working at full flushing power without any build-up hindering it. A quick scrub with a brush is all it takes.
- Only flush toilet paper down.
For professional plumbing services, call Plumb Works Inc at 404-524-1825 to book your appointment.